Leading the Way in Mattress Innovation and Technology
Serta has been a pioneer in comfort since we introduced our very first Perfect Sleeper® mattress to the world in 1931. Since then we have brought many “firsts” to the industry, including our breakthrough iComfort® Sleep System featuring our latest in gel memory foam technology.
Today, we are proud to be the #1 mattress manufacturer in the United States and a leading brand across the globe. We share this achievement with our dedicated retail partners and remain committed to helping them grow with the most innovative products and advertising programs.
Every Serta mattress is designed to provide exceptional comfort. Our product portfolio spans every price point and mattress construction, so that everyone can find the sleep comfort they deserve.
- The Perfect Sleeper® mattress brand was introduced to the world in 1931, two years before the Serta® brand name was introduced.
- The Sertapedic® mattress was introduced in the 1950’s with the tagline, “You sleep ON it, not in it.”
- In the 1970’s, Serta introduced the very first plusher “Pillow Soft®” mattress to the world, defying popular belief that a firmer mattress is always better.
- Celebrity Joey Heatherton appeared in a national advertising campaign for Serta Perfect Sleeper in the 1970’s.
- In another industry first, Serta introduced a continuous coil innerspring design in the 1980’s.
- The beloved Serta Counting Sheep were introduced as the brand icons in 2000, and were inducted into the advertising hall of fame in 2008.
- In 2005, Serta became the first brand in the industry to make all of its mattresses meet or exceed the federal flammability standard.
- Serta joined forces with the National Sleep Foundation in 2010 to redesign its Perfect Sleeper mattresses to help solve 5 common sleep problems.
- In 2011, Serta launched its breakthrough iComfort Sleep System, and this launch is noted as one of the most successful in the industry.
- In 2012, Serta achieves the ranking of the #1 mattress manufacturer in the United States.
- Serta is named America’s Most Recommended Mattress, Pillow and Box Spring brand by the Women’s Choice Award in 2014, and earns the recognition again in 2015 and 2016.
- Serta mattresses are designed and manufactured in the USA.
Serta, Inc. (“Serta”), through its licensees, is the #1 mattress manufacturer in the United States. Serta's product portfolio includes the Perfect Sleeper®, which is the Only Official Mattress of the National Sleep Foundation, and the iComfort® Sleep System, both named Consumers Digest Best Buys. Serta through its licensees also manufactures the exclusive Bellagio at Home® mattress collection.
As the leading provider of mattresses to the hospitality industry, Serta partners with hotel groups such as Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Choice Hotels International, Best Western International, Omni Hotels and Resorts, as well as Bellagio Las Vegas. In addition, Serta is distributed internationally in more than 150 other countries.
With its worldwide network, Serta is able to respond quickly to customers' needs while still preserving strict control standards to ensure the highest quality. For more information, visit www.serta.com.
About Serta Simmons Bedding, LLC
Serta Simmons Bedding, LLC (“SSB”) owns and manages two of the largest bedding brands in the mattress industry – National Bedding Company L.L.C. (the largest licensee and majority shareholder of Serta, Inc.) and Simmons Bedding Company, LLC. SSB is based in Atlanta and operates 36 manufacturing plants in the United States, five in Canada and one in Puerto Rico.
Its subsidiary, National Bedding Company L.L.C., is based in suburban Chicago and markets a broad range of products under the Serta® brand, including Perfect Sleeper®, iComfort®, iSeries®, Sertapedic® and a portfolio of licensed products. In addition to National Bedding Company L.L.C., Serta, Inc. has five other independent licensees in the United States and one in Canada that manufacture and market Serta-branded products.
SSB’s other subsidiary, Simmons Bedding Company, LLC, is based in Atlanta and markets a broad range of products including Beautyrest®, Beautyrest Black® and BeautySleep®. Both companies also serve as key suppliers of beds to many of the world's leading hotel groups and resort properties.